Saturday, February 5, 2022

On the couch or in his bed? Weekend Writing Warriors from GENJ #SciFiRomance #MMRomance #Romance


Hello and welcome to another Weekend Writing Warriors post!

Hello everyone! Thank you to all those who came to visit me last weekend! This weekend, I'm sharing another snippet from GENJ, the second book in my Sci-Fi MPreg MM Romance series, KADDIM BROTHERS. I'm happy to announce this story has been contracted to Decadent Publishing and will  release February 25, 2022.

Set-up: Last weekend, Utahn was checking into his hotel room when he learned it was double-booked. With no alternative, he asked Genj if he could stay at his dorm. . Enjoy!


My tongue felt heavy in my mouth. I couldn’t talk, couldn’t respond, and couldn’t understand why Utahn would want to spend his weekend in a smelly dorm. I’m sure Vawn had warned him about the place.

Utahn took a step forward, reducing the space between us along with the air in my lungs. “I’m sure you have a couch I can sleep on.”

“No. No couch.” Wait, what was I saying? “I mean, I’ll sleep on the couch. You can sleep in my room.” 

And a little more...

It was cleaner than the common room. I took pride in keeping my room tidy. And that way he’d have some privacy. I never knew what state of dress my teammates would be in when leaving their rooms. Especially Ret. Our omega teammate, Ilam, didn’t seem bothered by my older brother, but I couldn’t do that to Utahn.

“Whatever.” He winked then stepped away from me. “Let’s go to your dorm.”



GENJ
Kaddim Brothers book two

Genj is a cinnamon roll alpha. Even as one of the circuit’s best space racers, he’s shy and rather clumsy. Not qualities anyone wants in a mate, especially the omega he’s crushed on for years. But when Genj invites Utahn on a whim to visit him for a weekend, the omega agrees.

Utahn never expected his best friend’s older brother to reciprocate his feelings. Genj is a space racer, and everyone in the universe knows they rarely commit. When the two get together, sparks fly. And what once seemed impossible becomes a dream come true.

But situations change. And past relationships have a way of interfering with new ones. Can Genj and Utahn work through past traumas, or were they never meant to be more than a childhood crush?

RELEASES FEBRUARY 25, 2022


Be sure to visit the other Weekend Writing Participants!
Click on the button below to find this week's list...

19 comments:

  1. I have this feeling that neither of them will be sleeping on the couch.
    Tweeted. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is an unexpected role (pun intended) reversal. The racer bashful and the unexperienced baker the aggressor. You reveal so much about the two of them in these (too) few sentences. Counting down the days until the end of the month . . .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, Genj is the shy one out of the three brothers. And definitely clueless when it comes to Utahn. Thank you, Nancy!

      Delete
  3. Don' think there will be much sleeping no matter where they end up.
    Tweeted.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your writing is so smooth. I like this: "...reducing the space between us along with the air in my lungs. "

    Best wishes on the upcoming release!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Off to the dorm they go! Love it! Great snippet...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Their awkwardness is amusing. Fun snippet.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I bet they'll be having a lot of fun once they're in that room alone!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think Genj is wonderfully not getting Uthan's drift. I hope he does by the time they get to his room. :) Great snippet. Tweeted.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He may need a bit more pushing. LOL Thank you, Jenna!

      Delete
  9. I'm so glad Utahn isn't put off by Genj's initial silence. He could think the guy doesn't want him. But his sense of humor overrides that thought. Cute. Like the others, I don't think either one will sleep on the couch.

    ReplyDelete