Saturday, February 12, 2022

The couch is no longer an option. Weekend Writing Warriors excerpt from GENJ #SciFiRomance #MMRomance #Romance


Hello and welcome to another Weekend Writing Warriors post!

Hello everyone! Thank you to all those who came to visit me last weekend! This weekend, I'm sharing another snippet from GENJ, the second book in my Sci-Fi MPreg MM Romance series, KADDIM BROTHERS. I'm happy to announce this story has been contracted to Decadent Publishing and will  release February 25, 2022.

Set-up: Last weekend, Genj got on board with the idea of Utahn sleeping at the dorm. He offered his bed to Utahn and said he would sleep on the couch. Now, they're at the dorm with the rest of Genj's teammates. Enjoy!


I cleared my throat as I stepped inside behind Utahn. “Hi, um, we have a guest staying with us for the weekend, if you don’t mind.” I guess I should have asked first, but it wasn’t as if we hadn’t had other racers spend the night on our couch after a few drinks. Plus, the one-night stands I hoped wouldn’t be mentioned at all while Utahn was here.

Ret stood and faced me with a sly grin. “What happened to the hotel?”

Gods, was he really going to make a big deal about this? My brother has known Utahn as long as I have. Would he really make him stay elsewhere? “The hotel double-booked his room and had no others available. I told him he could have my bed, and I’d sleep on the couch.”


And a little more...

“This couch?” Ret lifted his drink, probably a protein blend, and poured it all over the piece of furniture I’d planned to sleep on. “Oops! You can always sleep with me in my bed tonight. Though I might have company. It is family and friends weekend after all.”

“I…I can’t believe you did that.” Why was he trying to sabotage this for me after telling me to invite Utahn in the first place?

Ilam snuck away to his room while Qé located the suction tube then tossed it at Ret. While he could clean up the mess, the wetness would remain.

Ret shrugged as if it wasn’t a big deal. “Why don’t you sleep in the same bed as Utahn? I’m sure he wouldn’t mind.”



GENJ
Kaddim Brothers book two

Genj is a cinnamon roll alpha. Even as one of the circuit’s best space racers, he’s shy and rather clumsy. Not qualities anyone wants in a mate, especially the omega he’s crushed on for years. But when Genj invites Utahn on a whim to visit him for a weekend, the omega agrees.

Utahn never expected his best friend’s older brother to reciprocate his feelings. Genj is a space racer, and everyone in the universe knows they rarely commit. When the two get together, sparks fly. And what once seemed impossible becomes a dream come true.

But situations change. And past relationships have a way of interfering with new ones. Can Genj and Utahn work through past traumas, or were they never meant to be more than a childhood crush?

RELEASES FEBRUARY 25, 2022

Available for pre-order from AMAZON


Be sure to visit the other Weekend Writing Participants!
Click on the button below to find this week's list...

16 comments:

  1. And suddenly the elephant in the room awakens! LOL Yeah, real subtle. Loved the snippet! Can't wait to hear Genj's reaction to THAT suggestion. Tweeted.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sure he's not going to mind, either! Sometimes love needs to kick in the . . . pants.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think Ret may have just done him a favor even if he did embarrass him.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm screaming that was fantastic pouring the drink on the couch! I loved it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nothing like taking direct action! I didn't see that coming, for sure. Great snippet!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ret is a bit of a dickens! I chortled out loud reading this scene. Tweeted.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yeah, real subtle. I'm sure he had good intentions. LOL

    ReplyDelete