Saturday, January 29, 2022

Double-booked with no place to stay! Weekend Writing Warriors from GENJ #SciFiRomance #MMRomance #Romance


Hello and welcome to another Weekend Writing Warriors post!

Hello everyone! Thank you to all those who came to visit me last weekend! This weekend, I'm sharing another snippet from GENJ, the second book in my Sci-Fi MPreg MM Romance series, KADDIM BROTHERS. I'm happy to announce this story has been contracted to Decadent Publishing and will  release February 25, 2022. Be sure to check out the cover below!

Set-up: Last weekend, Genj and Utahn were talking after Utahn arrived at the spaceport, and there was an awkward confession. I'm skipping ahead a little so you can find out what happens when Utahn tries to check into his hotel room. This is in Genj's point of view. Enjoy!


I carried his case inside and stayed in the lobby to make sure he checked in okay. Yet, the concern etched in the wrinkles around the nose of the Eureblian front desk clerk, and the way their spines rose on the top of their head, had me worried. I leaned on the desk. “Is there a problem?”

“Um….” They chewed on their top lip as they tapped several buttons on the screen in front of them. “It seems your room was double-booked, and there are no more empty rooms left this weekend.” They wiped their forehead with one of their tentacles. “I can call around and see if there are rooms available at other hotels.”

And a little more...

My stomach sank. “I don’t get how this could happen.” How could they double-book a room and not notice until now? And why did it have to happen to us? “Yes, please find another room.”

“No.” Utahn pulled me away from the desk. “Don’t worry about it. I’ll simply—”

“I don’t want you to return to Orez already. You just got here.”

“No.” Utahn chuckled as he cupped my elbow in his palm. “I thought, maybe I could stay at your dorm. I’m sure you can find room for me, right?”



GENJ
Kaddim Brothers book two

Genj is a cinnamon roll alpha. Even as one of the circuit’s best space racers, he’s shy and rather clumsy. Not qualities anyone wants in a mate, especially the omega he’s crushed on for years. But when Genj invites Utahn on a whim to visit him for a weekend, he’s surprised the omega agrees.

Utahn never expected his best friend’s older brother to reciprocate his feelings. Genj is a space racer, and everyone in the universe knows they rarely commit. When the two get together, sparks fly. And what once seemed impossible becomes a dream come true.

But situations change. And past relationships have a way of interfering with new ones. Can Genj and Utahn work through past traumas, or were they never meant to be more than a childhood crush?

RELEASES FEBRUARY 25, 2022


Be sure to visit the other Weekend Writing Participants!
Click on the button below to find this week's list...

17 comments:

  1. When is a problem NOT a problem? When it gets you right where you want to be. Nice complication, Jessica!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh, I like the way Utahn thinks! Forced proximity, one of my fave tropes! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. That worked out nicely! Great snippet. Love the cover!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh that worked out! :)
    P.S. I had trouble with your link on WeWriWa. It told me the post wasn't there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I screwed up in making the link for this post. Thank you for letting me know!

      Delete
  5. Double booked ... need somewhere else to stay ... what a difficult problem to solve :)

    BTW, the link on the WWW site seems to take you to a deleted page.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Utahn seems to have solved the problem nicely.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Voila--problem solved. I almost wonder if Utahn had a hand in the double-booking somehow. :) He seems to know what he wants and the most direct way to get it! Great snippet! Tweeted.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sometimes Utahn knows what to say, and other times, not so much. But, Utahn had nothing to do with this situation. ;) Thank you, Jenna!

      Delete
  8. Problem solved. Very nicely, I might add.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is looking good! I LOVED your description of the very alien desk clerk. :-)

    ReplyDelete