Saturday, October 31, 2020

From Friends to Flirting ~ Read a snippet from HIS OMEGA ON STAGE #Romance #MPreg #PNR #Omegaverse #MLM #8Sunday


Hello and welcome to another Weekend Writing Warriors post!

Thank you to all those who visited last weekend! I've been sharing snippets from the fourth book in my Shifter Towers series, HIS OMEGA ON STAGE, which will release through Decadent Publishing. Like all the other books in this series, it is an MM paranormal romance. I'll keep you posted when I know anything about a release date.

Set-up: In last weekend's snippet, Jun caught Ash by surprise when he video-called him. It was really sweet, but now their conversation is about to turn a bit flirty. Enjoy!


My chest and cheeks warmed with his concern. All the people I’d talked to this past week had been asking AI questions. It was nice to have someone to talk to as Ash. I flopped onto my bed. “It’s been a busy few days, but I’m doing okay. Just a little tired.”

A slow smile played across Jun’s lips. “Ash, are you naked in your bed?”

The question caught me off guard, and I fumbled with my phone. He’d said we were only friends yet was asking questions like that? 

**That's ten, but here's a little more for your reading pleasure.**

“No! I, uh...I have boxers on.” I moved the screen out even more to prove it to him. “See. I told you I was getting ready for bed.”

He smirked and raised his eyebrows. “Ah, yes, I see. Those heart characters are cute.”

Shit. I hadn’t thought when I’d shown him my boxers. But what did I have to be embarrassed about? He knew how I felt about him. It was me who had no idea what he really wanted. “I know. That’s why I bought them. But, hey, what would you have done if I was naked?”


HIS OMEGA ON STAGE
Shifter Towers book four

Jun
For leopard cat shifter, Jun, being the rogue alpha in high school hadn’t helped him as an adult. Though he sometimes believed he was ready to find a mate, past experiences taught him that those he loves eventually leave him. So, he protects his heart by seeing omegas looking for nothing more than a one-night stand. Until he runs into someone from his past.

Ash
As the first omega signed to Adan Records, AI is anxious for the release of his debut album. Being a leopard cat shifter instead of an actual leopard like the rest of his family has always made him feel small and insignificant. But now he’s about to shine bright in front of the world, all on his own, without an alpha by his side. He doesn’t need one, and definitely doesn’t have time for one. Though when he runs into someone from his past who knows him as Ash, he wants to give this alpha all of his attention.

On Stage
But with all the problems that fame brings, will Ash be able to make a relationship work? Will Jun fight for the omega he’s sure is his fated mate? Or will they just let each other slip away, believing what they have just isn’t enough?

COMING SOON!


The first book in the series,
BUNNY OMEGA ON THE RUN
is available in digital and print:

The second book in the series,
MINK OMEGA IN HIDING
is available in digital and print:

The third book in the series,
PIKA OMEGA PLUS ONE
is available in digital and print:


Be sure to visit the other Weekend Writing Participants!
Click on the button below to find this week's list...

19 comments:

  1. Now they've moved on to serious flirting. lol

    Playful scene! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now there is a loaded question and a half - But, hey, what would you have done if I was naked? :-)
    Tweeted.

    ReplyDelete
  3. One loaded question deserves another! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Excellent question. Jun couldn't stick to his "friends only" policy for long, could he?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice place to end the snippet, with that question and no answer for us LOL. Enjoyed the excerpt - I like these two characters!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Note to self: do NOT wear the teddy bear jammies when you're with this guy.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I wonder how he'll answer that question.

    ReplyDelete