Saturday, October 3, 2020

Ash finally confesses in this snippet from HIS OMEGA ON STAGE #romance #PNR #MPreg #omegaverse #8Sunday


Hello and welcome to another Weekend Writing Warriors post!

Thank you to all those who visited last weekend! I've been sharing snippets from the fourth book in my Shifter Towers series, HIS OMEGA ON STAGE, which will release through Decadent Publishing. Like all the other books in this series, it is an MM paranormal romance. I'll keep you posted when I know anything about a release date.

Set-up: In last weekend's snippet, Ash tries subtly flirting with Jun, but Jun still has his reasons for ignoring his actions.

In this weekend's snippet, Ash is ready to spell it out to Jun exactly how he feels. But is Jun ready to hear it?

(*FYI, Ash's stage name is AI, as in Artificial Intelligence. That's why his fandom name is bots.)


“What, that they think I’m your alpha?” I wouldn’t say cute. More like dangerous for an omega just beginning his career in the public eye.

“Yeah.” He ran his palm across my thigh. “Would that be such a bad idea?”

I removed his hand. Though I fought my leopard cat the whole time, I knew how dangerous taking his actions any farther could be. “You said you don’t have time for a relationship. Besides, I don’t think all of your fans would be happy about it.” The option of a one-time fuck was there, but I’d had enough of those to know they never left me satisfied. Besides, my leopard cat was too active for anything with Ash to be just once.

**That's nine, but I've got to get to Ash's confession.**

He moved away, turning to sit cross-legged while facing me. “I guess. Maybe. But the thing is....” He brushed a hand over his face. “I’m kind of embarrassed to say this.”

Embarrassed now? After he nearly scented me? Acted like we knew each other quite well when I hadn’t seen him for years? And even then we didn’t talk. “What is it?”

“I....” Glancing down, he played with the hem of his shirt. “Back in high school, I had the hugest crush on you. And I kinda thought, you know, now that I’m beginning to make a name for myself, that you’d actually notice me.”


HIS OMEGA ON STAGE
Shifter Towers book four

Jun
For leopard cat shifter, Jun, being the rogue alpha in high school hadn’t helped him as an adult. Though he sometimes believed he was ready to find a mate, past experiences taught him that those he loves eventually leave him. So, he protects his heart by seeing omegas looking for nothing more than a one-night stand. Until he runs into someone from his past.

Ash
As the first omega signed to Adan Records, AI is anxious for the release of his debut album. Being a leopard cat shifter instead of an actual leopard like the rest of his family has always made him feel small and insignificant. But now he’s about to shine bright in front of the world, all on his own, without an alpha by his side. He doesn’t need one, and definitely doesn’t have time for one. Though when he runs into someone from his past who knows him as Ash, he wants to give this alpha all of his attention.

On Stage
But with all the problems that fame brings, will Ash be able to make a relationship work? Will Jun fight for the omega he’s sure is his fated mate? Or will they just let each other slip away, believing what they have just isn’t enough?.

COMING SOON!


The first book in the series,
BUNNY OMEGA ON THE RUN
is available in digital and print:

The second book in the series,
MINK OMEGA IN HIDING
is available in digital and print:

The third book in the series,
PIKA OMEGA PLUS ONE
is available in digital and print:


Be sure to visit the other Weekend Writing Participants!
Click on the button below to find this week's list...

20 comments:

  1. Such a sweet confession - they shyness and awkwardness so well written.
    tweeted.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jun would have to be pretty cold to turn away from that! How's he going to handle it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jun is far from cold, but he wasn't expecting this confession from Ash.

      Delete
  3. I cannot wait for Jun's reaction. After Ash lays his soul open like that, Jun has to pick up the ball and run! Great scene!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Jenna! The ball is definitely in Jun's court now.

      Delete
  4. Awww, so sweet! I really enjoyed the snippet and their conversation. Great excerpt!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These two are so cute and flirty together.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awe...that was so soul-baring for Ash. Jun has to recognize that. That has to melt his leopard's heart, right???

    ReplyDelete
  7. As someone said above, this confession is sweet and believable.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Aww, I really hope Jun responds nicely to this. It's a lot to have thrown at him so unexpectedly though.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Aw, this is so sweet! It's always scary making that kind of confession, at least for me. :-)
    ~Cie from Naughty Netherworld Press~

    ReplyDelete