Saturday, October 10, 2020

Jun reacts to Ash's confession in this snippet from HIS OMEGA ON STAGE #romance #MLM #MPreg #PNR #omegaverse #8Sunday


Hello and welcome to another Weekend Writing Warriors post!

Thank you to all those who visited last weekend! I've been sharing snippets from the fourth book in my Shifter Towers series, HIS OMEGA ON STAGE, which will release through Decadent Publishing. Like all the other books in this series, it is an MM paranormal romance. I'll keep you posted when I know anything about a release date.

Set-up: In last weekend's snippet, Ash finally confessed that he had a crush on Jun in high school, and was hoping to have something with him now.

In this weekend's snippet, Jun reacts to Ash's confession.


Oh shit. I hadn’t expected that at all. I mean, I was surprised anyone noticed me. I wasn’t an alpha that many, if anyone, paid attention to. Not anymore. As an adult, what did I have going for me? Sure, I had a job, but it just covered my own bills. Didn’t leave any room to support anyone else.

I reached forward and rubbed my thumb across the blush on his cheek. “How could anyone not notice you?”

**That's ten, but here's a little more of Jun's reaction and a bit of backstory.**

He glanced up. “But back in high school—”

“Back in high school, I spent most of my day trying to go unnoticed.” I released a heavy breath. “Because when I was noticed, it was usually by jocks who were bigger and stronger than me.”

“Like my brother,” he mumbled.

“Yeah.” Nex was the worst of them all.

“I’m sorry for that.” He picked at a piece of lint on his pants. “He knew I liked you, and I think that made things worse.”


HIS OMEGA ON STAGE
Shifter Towers book four

Jun
For leopard cat shifter, Jun, being the rogue alpha in high school hadn’t helped him as an adult. Though he sometimes believed he was ready to find a mate, past experiences taught him that those he loves eventually leave him. So, he protects his heart by seeing omegas looking for nothing more than a one-night stand. Until he runs into someone from his past.

Ash
As the first omega signed to Adan Records, AI is anxious for the release of his debut album. Being a leopard cat shifter instead of an actual leopard like the rest of his family has always made him feel small and insignificant. But now he’s about to shine bright in front of the world, all on his own, without an alpha by his side. He doesn’t need one, and definitely doesn’t have time for one. Though when he runs into someone from his past who knows him as Ash, he wants to give this alpha all of his attention.

On Stage
But with all the problems that fame brings, will Ash be able to make a relationship work? Will Jun fight for the omega he’s sure is his fated mate? Or will they just let each other slip away, believing what they have just isn’t enough?.

COMING SOON!


The first book in the series,
BUNNY OMEGA ON THE RUN
is available in digital and print:

The second book in the series,
MINK OMEGA IN HIDING
is available in digital and print:

The third book in the series,
PIKA OMEGA PLUS ONE
is available in digital and print:


Be sure to visit the other Weekend Writing Participants!
Click on the button below to find this week's list...

24 comments:

  1. Good. Finally they're opening up about the past so they just might find a future together.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, this is an important step for them, especially since they still barely know each other.

      Delete
  2. Well this is gonna make holiday family dinners awkward...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL This is just the beginning of family trouble in this story.

      Delete
  3. I love the realism and relatability of their conversation. So many people have similar memories from high school and junior high.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Carrie-Anne! Yes, even in a fictional paranormal world, I tried to make some things relatable.

      Delete
  4. I'm enjoying the two of them revisiting their past and clarifying events. Great snippet!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Veronica! Yes, this was important for them.

      Delete
  5. Love that intimate little motion with his thumb. Such a natural, sweet thing to do.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Alexis! Jun is a really sweet alpha, just distant with most people because of his past.

      Delete
  6. Great dialogue. Can easily see them chatting - opening up to each other.
    Tweeted.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the banter and the way they are opening up to each other. A great start to something much more.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely a good way to start any relationship! Thank you, Karen!

      Delete
  8. Glad they are finally talking and listening to one another. They really need this conversation to continue so they can move to a higher level. Great snippet!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I enjoyed hearing about their past, and it'll be interesting to see if this conversation leads to either great things or even deeper sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This conversation definitely leads to something, but maybe not what one would expect. It's still just the beginning of the story. Thank you, Ed!

      Delete
  10. Nice! They're starting to talk about things that matter.

    ReplyDelete
  11. He's a kind and loving Alpha. The conversation oozes sweet even though they are opening old wounds it's done is a safe and caring manner.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He definitely is. And this is just the beginning of plenty more between them.

      Delete
  12. A lot of soul-baring going on. So well-written, Jess!

    ReplyDelete