Saturday, October 24, 2020

Ash gets a surprise video call in this snippet from HIS OMEGA ON STAGE #Romance #MPreg #PNR #MLM #Omegaverse #8Sunday


Hello and welcome to another Weekend Writing Warriors post!

Thank you to all those who visited last weekend! I've been sharing snippets from the fourth book in my Shifter Towers series, HIS OMEGA ON STAGE, which will release through Decadent Publishing. Like all the other books in this series, it is an MM paranormal romance. I'll keep you posted when I know anything about a release date.

Set-up: In last weekend's snippet, Ash returned home after a hectic week of promotions, and realized he hadn't texted Jun in all that time. Then he panicked. 

In this weekend's snippet, I'm skipping a few sentences. Ash did send a quick text to Jun then went to the bathroom to wash up before going to bed. Enjoy!


Five minutes later, I was in my boxers and finally ready to crash. No matter how childish it sounded, I planned to sleep with my hoodie, but I grabbed my phone to move it to my nightstand. It vibrated in my hand.

Unable to resist, I looked at the screen. Not a text, but an incoming video call request from Jun. I answered immediately then glanced at myself in the mirror. Shit! My hair was a mess and I had no shirt on.

I gulped, holding the phone close. “Um, hello?”

**That's ten, but here's a little more for your reading pleasure.**

“Hey, Ash.” Jun scrunched his nose. “Why are you holding the phone so close?”

“I, uh.... I was getting ready for bed.” I moved the phone a little further out, but not too far. “I wasn’t sure you’d even text back tonight. Definitely didn’t expect a video call.”

“Oh, sorry.” He glanced down, not looking into the screen. “I just wanted to see that you were okay. And confirm that I really did know the next big star in the music industry.”

“Aw, Jun, did you miss me?” As cocky as that sounded, I really did want him to have missed me.

“It was kind of hard to, since you were always on the television or the radio.” He smiled while playfully rolling his eyes. “But I wanted to make sure you, Ash, were doing okay.”


HIS OMEGA ON STAGE
Shifter Towers book four

Jun
For leopard cat shifter, Jun, being the rogue alpha in high school hadn’t helped him as an adult. Though he sometimes believed he was ready to find a mate, past experiences taught him that those he loves eventually leave him. So, he protects his heart by seeing omegas looking for nothing more than a one-night stand. Until he runs into someone from his past.

Ash
As the first omega signed to Adan Records, AI is anxious for the release of his debut album. Being a leopard cat shifter instead of an actual leopard like the rest of his family has always made him feel small and insignificant. But now he’s about to shine bright in front of the world, all on his own, without an alpha by his side. He doesn’t need one, and definitely doesn’t have time for one. Though when he runs into someone from his past who knows him as Ash, he wants to give this alpha all of his attention.

On Stage
But with all the problems that fame brings, will Ash be able to make a relationship work? Will Jun fight for the omega he’s sure is his fated mate? Or will they just let each other slip away, believing what they have just isn’t enough?

COMING SOON!


The first book in the series,
BUNNY OMEGA ON THE RUN
is available in digital and print:

The second book in the series,
MINK OMEGA IN HIDING
is available in digital and print:

The third book in the series,
PIKA OMEGA PLUS ONE
is available in digital and print:


Be sure to visit the other Weekend Writing Participants!
Click on the button below to find this week's list...

18 comments:

  1. Awww, another sweet, fun snippet. Loved it! I really like these two characters.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww, so sweet! They still seem to be dancing around that attraction. But it looks like things may be progressing if Jun actually video called. I wonder if next week will bring verbal declarations?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, they are. Next weekend will definitely progress things.

      Delete
  3. So, things are OK between them after all. Now Ash should be able to sleep soundly ... or will he?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jun is a real sweetheart! It seems like it won't be long till a romantic relationship begins.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That he is, but so many possible obstacles for the two of them.

      Delete
  5. Sweet. The concern - her wants to know if the person is ok - not just the star.
    Tweeted.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely. Its great to see them inching toward each other.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This relationship is developing nicely, along sweet and believable lines.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Ed! Believability is what I was hoping for.

      Delete
  8. I'm liking how their relationship is progressing.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very sweet of Jun to call, but he didn't really answer the question of whether he missed Ash. I hope the rest of the conversation goes well for them.

    ReplyDelete
  10. That is a sweet and fun scene. They're getting past some of the awkwardness. :-)

    ReplyDelete