Saturday, April 2, 2022

"How did I f*ck this up?" Weekend Writing Warriors from GENJ #Romance #MMRomance #SciFiRomance #KaddimBrothers


Hello and welcome to another Weekend Writing Warriors post!

Hello everyone! Thank you to all those who came to visit me last weekend! This weekend, I'm sharing another snippet from my new release, GENJ, the second book in my Sci-Fi MPreg MM Romance series, KADDIM BROTHERS.

Set-up: Last weekend Genj almost clipped Ilam's jet during simulation practice because he wasn't focused. I was going to skip to the next chapter, which is in Utahn's point of view, to give you all some answers, but I think I'll stay in this chapter for at least another week....

This weekend, I'm skipping Ret yelling at Genj and threatening to kick him off the team, to where we learn a little bit more from Genj about what's going on.


Ret rested a hand on my shoulder. “Look. I don’t mean to come down hard on you, but I don’t want any of my team members to die. Including you.” He kicked the foot plate under the simulator. “Stars, Genj, what’s got you distracted anyway?”

My older brother asking me what was on my mind seemed strange. He’d never really cared before, only gotten involved in helping Utahn and I get together because he wanted me to shut up about him. Though I didn’t remember talking about him much. Only thinking about him. Like I was now. “You sure you want to know?”

And a bit more...

He swatted my head. “I wouldn’t ask if I didn’t. Now, tell me.”

“It’s Utahn. I haven’t heard from him in a while.”

Ret shrugged. “Maybe he’s busy.”

I shook my head. “Maybe, but I think there’s more to it. He was texting or chatting with me every day. No matter what. Then I got only brief messages every now and again. Now, nothing. How did I fuck this up?”

After releasing a heavy breath, my brother shifted his stance. “This is why I don’t do relationships. I have no fucking clue how they work. One-night stands are much easier.”

I rolled my eyes. He wasn’t helping at all.

Ret slapped the top of the doorframe. “Talk to Vawn. He knows Utahn better than anyone. He’ll tell you exactly how you fucked things up.”



GENJ
Kaddim Brothers book two

Genj is a cinnamon roll alpha. Even as one of the circuit’s best space racers, he’s shy and rather clumsy. Not qualities anyone wants in a mate, especially the omega he’s crushed on for years. But when Genj invites Utahn on a whim to visit him for a weekend, the omega agrees.

Utahn never expected his best friend’s older brother to reciprocate his feelings. Genj is a space racer, and everyone in the universe knows they rarely commit. When the two get together, sparks fly. And what once seemed impossible becomes a dream come true.

But situations change. And past relationships have a way of interfering with new ones. Can Genj and Utahn work through past traumas, or were they never meant to be more than a childhood crush?

NOW AVAILABLE IN EBOOK AND PAPERBACK



Be sure to visit the other Weekend Writing Participants!
Click on the button below to find this week's list...

13 comments:

  1. Men . . . go to everyone but the source of the issue. I'm sure he's going to get great advice from these guys.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Since Utahn won't talk to him, Vawn is the next best person to talk to. But, does he know what's going on? 🤔

      Delete
  2. Good idea, talk to Vawn! Enjoyed the snippet...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I lol'ed at Nancy's comment.

    Anyway, Genj does need to figure it out before he kills someone, or himself. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Maybe Genj needs to confront Uthan in person and hash it out. That usually gets results--although not always the results a person wants. But, yeah, gotta do something before he kills someone. Great snippet! Tweetede.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Jenna! He would, if he didn't live on another planet. Though, it may come to that, eventually...

      Delete
  5. Poor guy needs to talk to somebody. In his profession your work can't be sloppy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope they can iron out their issues, or at least find some peace in drifting apart.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hope Vawn can tell him what's going on. Good snippet.

    ReplyDelete