Saturday, April 16, 2022

What is Utahn trying to hide? Weekend Writing Warriors excerpt from GENJ #MMRomance #SciFiRomance #Romance #KaddimBrothers


Hello and welcome to another Weekend Writing Warriors post!

Hello everyone! Thank you to all those who came to visit me last weekend! This weekend, I'm sharing another snippet from my new release, GENJ, the second book in my Sci-Fi MPreg MM Romance series, KADDIM BROTHERS.

Set-up: Last weekend we saw Utahn struggling with a lot on his plate while refusing to ask for help. 

This weekend, I'm skipping a few sentences to bring in another character to help reveal what's going on with Utahn. Remember two weekends ago when Genj was going to call Vawn to find out how he'd messed things up with Utahn? Enjoy!


“Hey, Ut! Are you still working?”

I took a deep breath at the sound of my best friend’s voice. I couldn’t let him see me like this. “Yep. Just finishing up.”

Vawn came barreling around the corner but stopped immediately when he saw me leaning against the wall. “What’s wrong? What’s going on?”

“Nothing.” I pushed off the wall and hoped I could remain standing. “It’s been a long day. That’s all.”

*And some more if you're interested...

He darted in front of me and brushed something off my cheek. Likely some rolef I’d missed. “I don’t believe you. You’re pale and sweating. Are you sick?”

“No.” I shook my head. I couldn’t tell him the truth. Not yet. “Exhausted. I want to go up to bed, but I have to finish prepping for tomorrow.”

Vawn narrowed his eyes while holding my arms. “Where’s Toufan? I thought he helped with this.”

I glanced down so he wouldn’t see me wince when my stomach twisted once again. “He quit last week.” Unable to say more, I turned from his grasp to make another dash to the bathroom but failed to get there in time. I grabbed the closest bowl instead.



GENJ
Kaddim Brothers book two

Genj is a cinnamon roll alpha. Even as one of the circuit’s best space racers, he’s shy and rather clumsy. Not qualities anyone wants in a mate, especially the omega he’s crushed on for years. But when Genj invites Utahn on a whim to visit him for a weekend, the omega agrees.

Utahn never expected his best friend’s older brother to reciprocate his feelings. Genj is a space racer, and everyone in the universe knows they rarely commit. When the two get together, sparks fly. And what once seemed impossible becomes a dream come true.

But situations change. And past relationships have a way of interfering with new ones. Can Genj and Utahn work through past traumas, or were they never meant to be more than a childhood crush?

NOW AVAILABLE IN EBOOK AND PAPERBACK



Be sure to visit the other Weekend Writing Participants!
Click on the button below to find this week's list...

16 comments:

  1. Oh boy--pretty soon the cat will be outta the bag. :-) Good writing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Uh oh - big problems on top of being sick. ugh.
    Tweeted.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I bet the secret comes out pretty soon now! What a situation...but a great snippet, quite vivid.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well it won't be long until his secret is out.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A secret that can't be kept hidden for much longer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nope. Definitely hard to hide things from your best friend, too.

      Delete
  6. That's the kind of secret that can't stay a secret for long. I hope he tells him soon.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, boy. I agree he'd better reveal his secret soon.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oooo great snippet! Can't wait to read next week!

    ReplyDelete
  9. It seems that our hero is hiding a little something--or someone. Tweeted.

    ReplyDelete