Saturday, January 30, 2021

The cute guy with the piercings and tattoos. Read a snippet from DEMON ON JACKSON STREET #Romance #PNR #MLM #MPreg #Reading


Hello and welcome to another Weekend Writing Warriors post!

Thank you to all those who visited last weekend! This weekend, I'm sharing another snippet from the fifth book in my Shifter Towers series, DEMON ON JACKSON STREET. Like all the other books in this series, it is an MM (gay) paranormal romance.

Set-up: Last weekend, Toby saw Jet for the first time. Though, he couldn't see anything more than a dark, hooded figure.

This weekend, Toby sees Jet again. He has no idea it's the same guy.


Again? I had to be imagining things. And that wouldn’t surprise me with how little sleep and food I’d had the last couple of weeks. Though, if my mind had created a cute guy to peek in at me while working, I don’t think he would have as many piercings. The guy that kept staring probably had tattoos under his clothes as well.

I had to admit he was hot, though, with dark-brown hair that reached down to his sharp jawline with textured waves, dark, piercing eyes, and the cutest, contrasting smile that made the skin in the outer corners of his eyes wrinkle. He wore a black silk shirt under a leather jacket and fitted black pants. Most likely an alpha, and I doubted he bought those clothes from this place. Yet, he only seemed to show up when I was in the back sorting or doing laundry. When I was in the main part of the store, he was nowhere to be seen.

**And here's a little more...**

I sighed and turned away from the sight of him. No matter how good he looked, I couldn’t trust him. He’d want something from me, and I couldn’t give anyone anything. Not when I had nothing to give.

I was thankful he wasn’t around for the end of my shift. And, as per usual on Mondays, I picked up my grandmother’s prescription and some food on the way home. When I heard the first howl two blocks from home, I changed my mind. I wanted that guy, whomever he was, near me, to protect me from the wolf pack.




DEMON ON JACKSON STREET
Shifter Towers book five

Jet
Once upon a time there was a demon who was the best at convincing people to sell their souls. That was me. Is me. And now I have a new assignment, one Father told me would be difficult. I didn’t know what “difficult” meant until I met the young man, someone who has barely anything. Collecting his soul should be easy, right? There are so many things I can give him. Except, he doesn’t believe he deserves a better life. I have to find something he desires before the assignment is given to my brother. Because Crow uses the most villainous means to obtain souls. Lines I don’t cross. And I don’t want to see Toby hurt. There has to be another way.

Toby
I’m not like them. I can’t shift into a predator to defend myself, or even into a small rodent to run and hide. The wolf shifters know that every time they rough me up and steal my food. I always wish for a guardian angel to protect me from them. Then one day Jet appears, looking nothing like the angel I’d imagined. But I don’t know if I should trust him. He makes me feel things no other alpha ever has. Dangerous things. Not good when I have to stay focused on my grandmother. I don’t know how much longer I’ll have her around.

AVAILABLE FROM:

ALSO AVAILABLE IN PAPERBACK!


The first book in the series,
BUNNY OMEGA ON THE RUN
is available in digital and print:

The second book in the series,
MINK OMEGA IN HIDING
is available in digital and print:

The third book in the series,
PIKA OMEGA PLUS ONE
is available in digital and print:

The fourth book in the series,
HIS OMEGA ON STAGE
is available in digital and print:



Be sure to visit the other Weekend Writing Participants!
Click on the button below to find this week's list...

23 comments:

  1. I like this subtle undercurrent of awareness. Nice build up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice scene. Does a good job of indicating both foreboding and anticipation.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just reading about the howl from the wolf pack gave me chills.
    Tweeted.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly the feeling I was hoping to evoke. Thank you, Daryl!

      Delete
  4. I hope Jet can hear Toby's thoughts and can appear at will. I agree, Jet could definitely protect him and it sound like he's going to need it. Great snippet!

    ReplyDelete
  5. His inner war between hope/no hope really makes me feel for him. I sure hope Jet shows up and pounds those wolves soon!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jet's gone from hot stranger to protector in Toby's mind and none too soon with the wolf pack ready to strike.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Enjoyed the snippet and the way Toby's thoughts progress as the day goes on. And now I'm hoping Jet will show up!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Jet sounds like he's going to be hard to resist!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I wonder how she knows he'll be able to protect her.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I hope Jet steps in to protect him - and doesn't want too much in return.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I think he does need a protector. Maybe Jet will help him.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Not again. That pack needs to be cleaned up. I hope Jet arrives in time.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sounds like he may need some protection.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oy! I hope he shows up again. I suspect he will. :-)

    ReplyDelete