Wednesday, March 4, 2020

Yoni prepares for his new story, but is interrupted. Read an #excerpt from PIKA OMEGA PLUS ONE #romance #MMromance #MPreg




Hello! I'm sharing excerpts from chapter one of PIKA OMEGA PLUS ONE starting this week. Monday's excerpt was in Milo's point of view, and yesterday's was the beginning of Yoni's point of view. Today, we're continuing with the rest of Yoni's scene. If you missed either previous excerpt, you can find them here and here. Be sure to check out the giveaway at the end of this post!


Chapter One continued...

Yoni continued...

Glancing around, I realized Milo had finished cleaning my mess and had rushed off somewhere. Probably away from me. I refilled my bowl, found a sandwich—though my appetite had dwindled since my spill—and headed for the checkout.

When I sat at my desk to eat my lunch, I found a new message from the producer. My next assignment. I spooned soup into my mouth as I read. Nothing like any of the stories I’d covered with Dannie. This one involved preparing a five-minute piece about the upcoming Children’s Festival on Sunday. The event was a fundraiser for the local children’s hospital, and I had to interview the organizer, some of the participants, and even the children it would be benefitting. The segment was supposed to promote the festival, of which our station was a major sponsor, and encourage those who didn’t have children to donate as well. Not only that, but I was expected to volunteer at one of the booths the day of. Not a problem since I didn’t have any plans anyway. My dad would recommend I go to a local church to meet a “nice omega,” but the Children’s Festival sounded far less torturous.

After I finished my lunch, I made various phone calls to arrange interview times for tomorrow, which ended up being spread throughout the afternoon at Saramto Children’s Hospital. Good because it meant I didn’t have to travel back and forth throughout the day, but it would lead to a late night tomorrow since the piece needed to be approved the following morning and then aired on Thursday’s lunch, evening, and late-night news.

Since there wasn’t much else I could do at the station, I decided to go home. I would do more research on past events there and come up with my own interview questions. Something different than what had been done in past years.

I had just stepped away from my desk when my phone rang. My dad. What part of “Don’t phone me at work” did he not understand? Though sometimes my hours varied, I was always working this time of day.

I rushed to the bathroom and answered the call. Talking to him at my desk would only distract the other correspondents who were busy with their own stories.

“Hi, Dad? Are you okay?” I wanted to somehow make sure he understood not to call unless it was an emergency.

“Fine, Yoni. Why wouldn’t I be?” He sounded confused, having no idea why I would ask such a thing. I wasn’t going to win this argument.

I guess I simply had to stop answering when I was working. “I’m at work. What do you want?”

“No need to take such a harsh tone with me. But at least you’re sounding more like an alpha.”

I rolled my eyes. Why were conversations with him so painful? I knew things had been difficult for him when my alpha father had passed away, but he’d seemed fine before I left, encouraged me to go. He’d said his younger sisters would be his company. Maybe they’d all pissed each other off and weren’t talking. Wouldn’t be the first time. “How are you, Dad? And what is the purpose of your call?”

“Now you’re just being silly.” He chuckled a little. “Anyway, I called to see if you’re coming home this weekend. It’s a long weekend, so I assumed you’d have some extra time off.”

Oops, I’d forgotten all about the holiday on Monday. But the timing didn’t matter. I already had plans. “Sorry, I have an assignment on Sunday. I can’t make it.”

“How dare they make you work on a holiday weekend! And a Sunday at that!”

I had to hold the phone away from my ear at the sudden change in his tone. I preferred not to be deaf.

“You’re supposed to come home, go to church with me, and meet the nice omega I’ve been talking about you with. He’s very interested and very cute.”

My stomach churned. My father’s taste in guys and my taste never seemed to mesh. And no matter how many times I’d told him, he wouldn’t accept the fact. “Well, it’s too bad I have other plans. I’m actually volunteering at the Children’s Festival, a fundraiser for the children’s hospital here in Saramto. It’s part of my current assignment, and I just couldn’t say no.” And neither could he. Not when it involved charity work.

“Oh, well then. I guess that’s okay.”

Disappointment edged his voice, but I really didn’t feel bad.

“Hopefully, he’s still single the next time you come home, then.”

Hopefully not. For his sake and mine. Because I was sure we wouldn’t work out. “Maybe. But I’ve got to go, Dad. I’m just starting this assignment, and I have a lot to do.”

“Oh, sorry. I’ll let you go, then.” He acted as if I hadn’t already told him I was at work. “Make sure you do well on this assignment. I’m proud of you.”

“I love you, too, Dad.” I hung up the phone and shook my head. When would he stop? Being an only child had been nice while growing up, but now I wished I’d had a sibling simply to take some of his attention off me.

Even more anxious to leave the station, I loaded my laptop and phone into my messenger bag and headed to the equipment room to sign out what I would need for the interviews tomorrow. I was still too new to get a station vehicle to use, but my daily travel costs were paid for, and the hospital was easily accessible by public transportation between both my apartment and the station. Plus, it wasn’t as if I had to travel anywhere near Jackson Street—the one neighborhood Dannie had warned me to avoid, no matter how big the story seemed. So, I usually left my car at home, unless I drove back to Bolton.

Before catching the light rail transit to the stop near my apartment, I returned to NJ Foods. I wanted to grab something for dinner and try to apologize again to Milo. I searched the entire store, even tried to listen beyond the customer areas for his voice. But he must have already left. I’d have to keep coming back until I had a chance to see him once again. For some reason, I couldn’t let what had happened rest, couldn’t stop thinking about him. Even when on the phone with my dad, I’d pictured Milo when my father talked about finding an omega for me. I don’t know why. I was sure the guy hated me. But I had to make it up to Milo somehow. I just needed to figure out a way.



PIKA OMEGA PLUS ONE 
Shifter Towers book three

Milo
My mate died in a horrible car crash the night after he claimed me. I didn’t know I was pregnant with his child until he was buried in the ground. Luckily, my brother and his family supported me through it all. Now, it’s time for me to earn my keep. I’m going back to work. Not only to earn money, but to have a social life again. Even if just during the hours I’m at my job. Because I’m nowhere near ready for another relationship. Not sure I ever will be.

Yoni
I moved to Saramto to take a paid intern position at the local news station. My first time living in such a big city. And as the time limit on my contract kept looming closer, I hoped to come across something to keep me here. Nothing did. Until I met Milo and his adorable son. Now, I want them to be mine and I have no desire to leave. But my time is drawing near. While I pray for some miracle to come along and let me stay, I must find a way to tell Milo I have to go.

Pika Omega Plus One is a sweet with knotty heat shifter mm mpreg romance. It is book three in the popular Shifter Towers Series.

NOW AVAILABLE!

Amazon US | Universal Buy Link

Also available in paperback!

 

The first book in the series,
BUNNY OMEGA ON THE RUN
is available in digital and print:
Amazon US | Universal Buy Link

The second book in the series,
MINK OMEGA IN HIDING
is available in digital and print:
Amazon US | Universal Buy Link



To celebrate my new release, I'm hosting a contest over on Twitter for paperbacks of the first two books in the series. All the details are on my pinned tweet.


No comments:

Post a Comment