Wednesday, July 24, 2019

From Gitown to Saramto. Read an excerpt from MINK OMEGA IN HIDING #romance #MMromance #LGBTQ #PNR #MPreg



Hello!! I'm excited to say that the release date for MINK OMEGA IN HIDING is less than a week away! So, I've started sharing excerpts from the first chapter. If you missed the first excerpt, you can find it here. Enjoy!

Chapter One continued...

Roan

Run

What did that mean? And who had sent it? No one had my number except work and Tuan. He’d made sure of that.

My hand holding the phone shook. Should I believe what the message said? Had something happened? Or was it a threat? Tuan had a lot of enemies, some of whom had found me at the club. Thank goodness the bouncers there were armed for such occasions.

I closed my eyes and took a deep breath. Maybe someone had texted the wrong number. The message was meant for somebody else.

Suddenly the volume of the voices on the bus heightened. I glanced out the window to see what the excitement was about then realized how close to home I was. I yanked on the stop-request cord then carefully headed for the exit. And that’s when I noticed the lights. Blue and red. All flashing. My home was surrounded by police cars and crime scene tape.

Then I recalled the message. Run. It was meant for me. But who had sent me the warning?

I returned to my seat, not budging when the bus stopped.

“You getting off, sweetheart?” the bus driver called.

I ducked low in my seat. “Uh, no. Not yet. Forgot I had to pick up some groceries before I go home.”

The driver knew I lived in the neighborhood but not which house. Tuan had me circle the block and enter through the back gate. Paranoia, I’d originally believed, but now I was thankful for the stupid tactic. No one on the bus knew the house they were all staring at, wondering what had happened there, was my home. A place I doubted I could return to. Though I didn’t want to anyway.

I crossed my arms and rocked my right leg back and forth, trying to prevent the fear swirling in my stomach from consuming me. I had to find somewhere to go, someone I could trust. But that wasn’t anyone or any place in Gitown.

Shit! All my saved money was hidden in a canister tucked under a loose floorboard in the back of my closet. I had only the one hundred dollars in cash I’d made tonight, money Tuan would have taken the instant I walked in the door. It wouldn’t last me long. But I refused to return home. I had to figure out where to go. I wasn’t going down for whatever Tuan got himself involved in this time. I always minded my own business for that reason. Yet, I was sure Detective Merida would find any excuse to interrogate me. That couldn’t happen. I needed out of the city. And fast.

When the bus reached the main terminal, I rushed off and headed to the station for the out-of-town routes. The arrival/departure screen indicated several buses would be leaving at six a.m. But I didn’t want to wait around the station for the next few hours. I knew what happened to people who were found here in the middle of the night. Especially omegas like me. Tuan had told me stories, been involved in many of the attacks. I needed to go somewhere now.

One bus on the platform was boarding passengers. Its sign read Saramto. A ten-hour drive to a place I hadn’t been in years. A city that held so many good memories. But with the way I’d left, would the memories have washed away, be long forgotten? Would he remember me? Would he even want to see me? Heck, I didn’t even know if he still lived there. But I had no other choice.

I went to the ticket booth. “How much to get on that bus to Saramto?”

The woman behind the plexiglass and metal bars looked up. “One way is fifty dollars. Round trip is eighty.”

I counted out the right cash then slipped it into the metal bowl on the counter. “One way, please.”

The agent didn’t say a word, just took my money then printed off the ticket, which she dropped into a slot in front of me.

Grabbing the piece of paper, I rushed onto the bus. Thankfully, it wasn’t crowded. In fact, there were maybe ten other passengers. I took a seat two behind the driver, the aisle seat. When the bus finally got going, I moved to the window, but I didn’t want anyone to dart on at the last minute and sit beside me.

Finally, the bus departed the terminal and, within a half hour, Gitown was behind me. A place I never wanted to return to. And never would. Even if things didn’t work out in Saramto, I wouldn’t have any money to get back. I could only hold onto the hope that an old friendship would remain true even after so many years. Otherwise, I was doomed.



Mink Omega in Hiding 
Shifter Towers book two

Roan is looking for a way out...
As a mink shifter omega, I never thought I’d escape the soul-crushing, gang-ruled world I lived in. But, one night on my way home from working at the strip club, the opportunity arose. I needed to find a place to hide, somewhere I could go where no one from this life would ever find me. Someplace I could start over. With my parents deceased, I only had one person from my past I could ask for help. But would he want to see me again?

Hansol has everything in his life, except his mate…
After two years of running a successful fitness center with celebrities as my personal clients and friends, one would think I had everything I’ve ever wanted. But I don’t. The one thing I still desire is to have my mate by my side. Something my sun bear keeps reminding me of every day. Sure, I’ve had plenty of omegas and other alphas in my bed, but no one I want to wake up with each morning. That person left my life years ago with no explanation and no goodbye.

Will they find their way back to each other?
Then Roan shows up on my doorstep, soaking wet, and with no belongings. Of course, I take him in. But I don’t know how long I have until he leaves again. Can I trust him this time? Can I finally claim him as my mate? Or am I holding onto false hope? Because I know there is something he is keeping from me.

Mink Omega in Hiding is a super sweet with knotty heat shifter M/M mpreg romance featuring a mink shifter escaping horrific abuse, a reconnection with an alpha friend from the past who stands between him and danger, and the discovery of what really could happen between them. It is the second book in the popular Shifter Towers series and can be read as a standalone.

Available July 29, 2019!

Pre-order now...
Amazon US | Universal Buy Link



The first book in the series,
BUNNY OMEGA ON THE RUN
is available in digital and print:
Amazon US | Universal Buy Link




No comments:

Post a Comment