Tuesday, July 23, 2019

Roan's performance is over. Read an excerpt from MINK OMEGA IN HIDING #romance #MMromance #LGBTQ #PNR #MPreg



Hello!! I'm excited to say that the release date for MINK OMEGA IN HIDING is less than a week away! So, I'm going to be sharing excerpts from the first chapter over the next four days. I've been sharing snippets as part of Weekend Writing Warriors, but these excerpts are going to be longer than the ten sentence limit of the later. Enjoy!

Chapter One

Roan

As a child, I often believed standing on stage performing for enraptured spectators would be the best feeling in the world. I was so wrong. My audience twenty years later consisted of drunk and horny wolf shifters waiting for me to sway my hips and peel my clothing off one piece at a time.

Even though I knew they were there, I couldn’t look at any one of them. If I did, I would freeze, be completely unable to perform. Instead, I imagined stripping for someone else, someone from long ago. Thoughts of my first love helped me through work, and every day at home when Tuan wanted me to perform sexual favors for him and several of his gang members, or decided he wanted to remind me of his dominance with his fists.

Memories of my first love helped me through it all. He’d never loved me back. Not in the way I’d wanted him to. But he’d always treated me as an equal, even if he was an alpha and I was only an omega. I pictured him sitting in the front row, weaved my hips around to entice him, make him want to claim me. I teased him, showing flashes of skin before lifting my shirt off. Then I slowly rolled down my pants, a little at a time before I bent over in front of him, giving him a view of my bare ass.

Ignoring the catcalls, I imagined his deep voice encouraging me, telling me that I was a good omega and how much he loved me.

And then my performance was done.

“Oh, you were so good, baby,” Pog, one of Tuan’s minions called from the audience. He’d arrived later than usual tonight, though I wished he hadn’t shown up at all. “Let’s go to a private room where you can grind that pretty little ass over me.”

Swallowing the bile that tried to escape, I grabbed my clothes from the stage and ran off. Tuan insisted that I didn’t give private dances at work. Not when he wasn’t there to profit from it. Besides, it was my last dance for the night, and I had to rush to get dressed and catch the last bus of the night that went past the club.

After saying good night to some of the other dancers, I pulled the strings on my hoodie a little tighter and pushed open the door of the employee entrance. Escaping out into the muggy night, I headed for the bus stop. My shift was over, though I wanted to go home as much as I wanted to stay at work. Tuan would want the same thing every guy who came into the club longed for. My body. But, for once, I wanted to feel like I was appreciated for more than the shape of my ass and sway of my hips. I wanted to have an intellectual conversation instead of hearing, “Hey, baby, come and sit that pretty ass on my lap.”

Yet I had nowhere else to go. No one else to depend on. Not even myself.

I reached the stop as the bus pulled up. Getting on, I found a single seat in the middle. Perfect. I pulled my hood over a little more so no one would recognize me. Even in sweats and a hoodie, I often got recognized by my face. Though it seemed no one ever looked there while I danced, they obviously did at some point during my routine. Could and did spot the mole on my right cheek from fifty feet away.

Didn’t matter. I still wanted out. My tips were slowly adding up, but not yet enough to afford my own place. Why had I become involved with a wolf omega who was the leader of the worst gang in all of Gitown? What had I ever seen in him in the first place, giving up a promising future to be with him? My parents were right when they’d objected to him. But it wasn’t until they were killed in a car accident that I realized how right they were. Now I had no one else to depend on. No one to help me leave his clutches.

After transferring onto my next bus, I heard my phone ding, indicating a text. I rolled my eyes as I pulled it from my pocket. Probably Tuan wondering where I was even though he knew my shift ended at midnight and how long it took me to get home.

No, it was from an unknown number. I froze at the single word on the screen.

Run




Mink Omega in Hiding 
Shifter Towers book two

Roan is looking for a way out...
As a mink shifter omega, I never thought I’d escape the soul-crushing, gang-ruled world I lived in. But, one night on my way home from working at the strip club, the opportunity arose. I needed to find a place to hide, somewhere I could go where no one from this life would ever find me. Someplace I could start over. With my parents deceased, I only had one person from my past I could ask for help. But would he want to see me again?

Hansol has everything in his life, except his mate…
After two years of running a successful fitness center with celebrities as my personal clients and friends, one would think I had everything I’ve ever wanted. But I don’t. The one thing I still desire is to have my mate by my side. Something my sun bear keeps reminding me of every day. Sure, I’ve had plenty of omegas and other alphas in my bed, but no one I want to wake up with each morning. That person left my life years ago with no explanation and no goodbye.

Will they find their way back to each other?
Then Roan shows up on my doorstep, soaking wet, and with no belongings. Of course, I take him in. But I don’t know how long I have until he leaves again. Can I trust him this time? Can I finally claim him as my mate? Or am I holding onto false hope? Because I know there is something he is keeping from me.

Mink Omega in Hiding is a super sweet with knotty heat shifter M/M mpreg romance featuring a mink shifter escaping horrific abuse, a reconnection with an alpha friend from the past who stands between him and danger, and the discovery of what really could happen between them. It is the second book in the popular Shifter Towers series and can be read as a standalone.

Available July 29, 2019!

Pre-order now...
Amazon US | Universal Buy Link



The first book in the series,
BUNNY OMEGA ON THE RUN
is available in digital and print:
Amazon US | Universal Buy Link




No comments:

Post a Comment