Saturday, December 4, 2021

A face shaped by the gods ~ Read an excerpt from GENJ #KaddimBrothers #SciFiRomance #MMRomance #MPreg #8Sunday


Hello and welcome to another Weekend Writing Warriors post!

Hello everyone! Thank you to all those who came to visit me last weekend! This weekend, I'm sharing another snippet from GENJ, the second book in my Sci-Fi MPreg MM Romance series, KADDIM BROTHERS. This story is in revisions, so any feedback is greatly appreciated.

Set-up: Last weekend, Ret told Genj to invite Utahn to the 'family and friends' weekend and just 'ask him out already.' Unfortunately, Genj believes things are a little more complicated than that, as they both have separate lives on different planets.

This weekend, I'm skipping ahead a little bit in the chapter. Genj has just called Utahn on his comm unit. And you'll see that although Genj may be an excellent pilot, he's not as graceful on land. Enjoy!


My screen scrambled before the static cleared to reveal a face shaped by the gods. Round cheeks, full lips, and eyes that seemed to disappear when he smiled. All framed by dark brown locks. Perfection. My heart swelled every time I saw him. “Hi Utahn! How are things?”

A faint blush spread across his cheeks, something that happened at the beginning of every conversation we had. “Hi, um, I’m good. It was a busy day at the bakery, but I’m glad to see you.”

“I’m glad to see you, too.” I sat on the edge of my bed, trying to think of a way to ask him about the ‘family and friends’ weekend. Might as well. It wouldn’t hurt to, I guess. But I slipped off the bed. My ass hit the floor with a thud, and I scrambled to catch the comm unit before it hit the floor.


This is my mood board for Genj


GENJ
Kaddim Brothers book two

Genj is a cinnamon roll alpha. Even as one of the circuit’s best space racers, he’s shy and rather clumsy. Not qualities anyone wants in a mate, especially the omega he’s crushed on for years. But when Genj invites Utahn on a whim to visit him for a weekend, he’s surprised the omega agrees.

Utahn never expected his best friend’s older brother to reciprocate his feelings. Genj is a space racer, and everyone in the universe knows they rarely commit. When the two get together, sparks fly. And what once seemed impossible becomes a dream come true.

But situations change. And past relationships have a way of interfering with new ones. Can Genj and Utahn work through past traumas, or were they never meant to be more than a childhood crush?

COMING SOON


Be sure to visit the other Weekend Writing Participants!
Click on the button below to find this week's list...

14 comments:

  1. LOL - ouch! Those wonderfully embarrassing moments of our lives.
    Tweeted.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh dear, that was unco-ordinated of him! Fun snippet, if embarrassing for the poor character!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oops! Someone is a tad distracted! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah, not the most graceful tool in the shed. LOL But very endearing. Love doth make us klutzy. :) Great snippet! Tweeted.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He is in the sky, but not on land. Thank you, Jenna!

      Delete
  5. His attack of nerves really comes across in this. :-) These two are already adorable together!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lol that was not what I was expecting, but it made me smile!

    ReplyDelete