Saturday, January 19, 2019

Time to slow down? Read a snippet from BUNNY OMEGA ON THE RUN #8Sunday #MPreg #PNR #LGBTQ #MMromance


Hello and welcome to another Weekend Writing Warriors post!

Thank you to all of you who visited my post last weekend! Today I'm continuing BUNNY OMEGA ON THE RUN, an MPreg Omegaverse Pop Star Shifter Romance, which will be published with Decadent Publishing.

Set-up: Last weekend, Kish was running, trying to stay alive. This snippet continues from there.


I dared a glance behind me. No one. Thank fuck! It was time to slow down. Shift and find a place to hide.

Smack!

I slammed into something hard. Someone hard. Liquid terror filled my veins. Somehow the guy in the suit had outsmarted me.



Bunny Omega on the Run (Shifter Towers book one):

As a pop star, I never expected to find true love. Not in a world where everything is temporary and often fake. But then he ran into me. Not once, but twice. My tiger instantly recognized him as my mate. Now, I just have to convince Kish that what we have is real.

The oldest of ten kids, I saw what my mother went through after my father left. After that, I started taking blockers so I would never go into heat, never have kids. Because love was for the weak. And I was doing just fine on my own.

Then I met TK. Literally smacked right into him. But no matter how much I wanted it to be true, I refused to believe that he could love a bunny shifter from the wrong part of town.

Coming Soon


Be sure to visit the other Weekend Writing Participants!
Click on the button below to find this week's list...


28 comments:

  1. Looking back when the danger is ahead . . . that's surely symbolic of something!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, this is just the beginning of the story. πŸ˜‰

      Delete
  2. Great use of short sentences to write this action. Nice!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Way to go, my friend. Excitement ahead.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The short sentences really give the reader the sense of urgency and need for flight from the character. Great set up for next week's snippet.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Quite a tense moment and the way you wrote the words adds to the power of the scene. Great snippet!

    ReplyDelete
  6. With his thoughts focused on the guy in the suit, that's a natural leap to make on the instant like that. My money's on something more prosaic, like a lamppost :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmmm... 😁 I'll reveal who or what he runs into next week.

      Delete
  7. Exciting! Can't wait to find out how the someone he smacked into reacts.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ditto what everyone else said about the short sentences and action. You had me panting. LOL Looking over one's shoulder while running can be dangerous.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fantastic. Short but full of tension.
    Tweeted.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a great, tense scene. Love the staccato of words.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am not envying our hero at this moment. I can feel that sinking feeling in this encounter. You have done an excellent job of evoking it in a few brief sentences.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yes, just when he begins to think he is safe, he literally runs into another obstacle. Thank you so much, Cara! 😊

    ReplyDelete